Monday, June 27, 2016

Summer Reading Bucket List

"The education of a man is never complete until he dies" (Robert E. Lee) 

I am an avid reader of motivational, success and leadership books. I have written about some of the best leadership books and coaching books that I have read.  Each summer, I try to knock out a few new ones.  This summer, I plan on reading the following 16 books to further develop my thinking. 
  1. "The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich"  (Timothy Ferris) ... I read this every summer!
  2. "Above the Line:  Lessons in Leadership and Life from a Championship Season"  (Urban Meyer)
  3. "The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy"  (Jon Gordon)
  4. "Lead . . . for God's Sake!: A Parable for Finding the Heart of Leadership"  (Todd Gongwer)
  5.  "How to Win Friends and Influence People"  (Dale Carnegie) ... I read this every summer!
  6. "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team:  A Leadership Fable" (Patrick Lencioni) 
  7. "If Want to Walk on Water, You've Got to Get out of the Boat"  (John Ortberg)
  8. "Tribes:  We Need You to Lead Us"  (Seth Godin)
  9. "Liar's Poker"  (Michael Lewis)
  10. "Soup:  A Recipe to Create a Culture of Greatness"  (Jon Gordon)
  11. "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People"  (Stephn Covey) ... I read this every summer!
I will also be reading the following 5 books by John Maxwell that I haven't read before.
  1. "How Successful People Think"
  2. "Intentional Living"
  3. "Developing the Leader Within"
  4. "Good Leaders Ask Great Questions"
  5. "Becoming a Person of Influence"
As a certified John Maxwell Team Member, I highly recommend any of John's books.  Some of his most popular ones are "21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership", "Failing Forward", "Winning Attitude" and "Leadership Gold".  You can get access to all of these books by clicking on the PRODUCTS link at www.JohnMaxwellGroup.com/JamyBechler

If you have any suggestions for Jamy on any other books he should read this summer, please contact him at CoachBechler@CoachBechler.com.   You can also subscribe to his leadership insights & newsletter by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment