Thursday, March 7, 2013

SWEET TWEET


ATTENTION CORPORATE TYPES: THIS is how you do "that viral social media relations thing the kids are talking about." Meijer's handle wasn't linked in any of these tweets, yet within five minutes they had responded in the most amazing and appropriate way imaginable. We don't need Harlem Shake videos. Your jingles are annoying. No one cares about your hashtag. Just find this dude and hire him. Unless you're Meijer, in which case you already hired him, but probably for way too little money. PAY THIS MAN.
Clowney hitWhat is "this" that is being talked about?  Who is "this" man that needs to get paid?  The above excerpt is from a posting on my second favorite blog in the world, MGoBlog (for the record, even though I am not an SEC football fan, Clay Travis' OutKick the Coverage is my favorite).  This is a posting about one of my favorite companies in the world, Meijer.  At the Walmart-esque Meijer, I can get all kinds of great Michigan gear and trinkets while buying inexpensive bottles of Faygo to wash down the fresh assortment of pies or deluxe mixed nuts.  Every time my wife and I go to Michigan to visit, we make repeated stops at Meijer but I digress!  Anyway according to this post on MGoBlog, Meijer demonstrated an acute awareness of how to stay relevant with its customer base and utilize social media in a practical way.  I highly recommend that you read the post especially is you use social media at all in order to sell something or enhance your brand.  It is also worth reading if you like the Michigan based Meijer or if you are a fan of Michigan Football.  


No comments:

Post a Comment